Monday, April 30, 2007

Yarrrrrrrr!

I finished my "We Call Them Pirates" hat! It's great... for the most part. I effed up a little. The rows on the brim don't match up 100%. Just the brim. How does that happen? WHY does that happen!? Obviously I did something wrong, but at the same time, I have no idea what I did. Sigh. Here is the hat.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


See? Everything else is FINE. I just don't get it. It's made out of Lion's Brand Baby Soft in Black and White. I wanted to use acrylic for my first major Fair-Isle project in case I had to frog a lot. I only had to frog two rows because of one stitch. Oh well. I like it. My dad likes it (which is good because it's his). I didn't do the provisional cast on for the liner. I'm lazy and scared. :) I have the yarn that the pattern calls for on the way. But instead of black and white, it's red and dark grey. I can't wait to try the yarn, coated with teflon? I should make gloves out of that...

1 comment:

Shadkitty said...

It looks fantastic! I agree about wanting to use acrylic for your first tries at things. I do things like that. Acrylic isn't always bad, sometimes it can be downright soft!