Friday, March 23, 2007

So it's Friday. Work is dead. DEAD. It's spring break for people in Ohio (and I guess all over...) so I have very little to do. Which leaves me a lot of time to think.

I've been thinking about swaps. I would LOVE to participate in one... but I can only knit limited items... hats, mitts, scarves... Nothing awesome for summer, really. I have yet to knit a toy (unless swappers want little mice, I can do that!). I can't sew, can't crochet, I can cook... do swappers like cookies? fudge? Maybe once I figure out how to dye this yarn... I can send yarn? I want to learn how to make soaps, too.

The reason for all of this swap thinking is because I signed up as a Friend of Craftster today. Now that I can "legally" participate in the swaps... would anybody want me? Am I crafty enough to be a worthy swap partner?


On a happy note... Here are the roses the boyfriend got me for my birthday (two weeks ago...). He does such a good job picking out flowers! I got blue roses once and crazy colored daisies for valentine's day.



Just for the heck of it (and because this is one of my favorite pictures I have taken for a while...) here are the blue roses. :)




Wish me luck! The yarn coloring commences this weekend... Even if it's not how I envisioned it at the end, there are no mistakes, only new possibilities, right?


2 comments:

Shadkitty said...

Wooo, pretty blue roses. Can't wait to see how your yarn turns out. :)

natasha said...

first...i sniff yarn too! in fact, i sniff almost everything, which is often a really bad idea. anyway! what is up with your negative attitude about your crafty abilities? huh? huh? cut it out! the biggest thing in a swap is the effort. that you actually care about giving them something that they will like. and in my swaps, i tend to include candy and bits and baubles...so don't sweat it.

also, if you have any dyeing questions, feel free to ask. often things don't come out as planned, but it is best to just not worry too much about it. i haven't made that many things that were really too ugly to do anything with. have fun and don't sweat it! also, if you want to be able to smoosh the dye around a bit without it setting, you can wait until you are done applying the dye and then spritz it with vinegar and wrap it up.